Monday, August 31, 2009

In which I link a lot and reveal my strange thought process


I had some old cotton, the really over washed creamy feeling kind that my grandmother gave me. It had been embroidered by someone in her family, a sister or her mother or Auntie Mod. She wasn't sure who anymore. It was most likely used as a small table cloth or tea towel.

Its worn and a little shabby but I needed to use it for something. Optimally something I could see everyday :)
Then I was reading this delightful blog and saw how she has her flour kept in a canning pot. Genius. I have been searching for something to keep my flour in. The canisters you can buy are never big enough for the amount of flour I use to bake bread(and once again I am going to say buy this bread book. You will not be sorry). So its either keep refilling the canister or keep it in the bag, which will inevitably get a hole in it. Then I started thinking about flour sacks. Why in the world did they start packaging flour in paper?! And I knew; this is how I would use that sweet creamy hand embroidered cloth.
A seam up the side and one for the bottom and I had my own little flour sack to line my canning pot.



Finally a place for the flour.

2 comments:

Marianne Elixir said...

I like your thought process. It reminds me of my own =)

IndianaJones said...

If I baked that much I would totally use what Steph and you use for a container...it is so lovely...as is your creation...as usual!
love it!