It all began when we ripped into the basement ceiling. We were adding extra insulation to what would become Elliot's nursery, then husband's seldom used office, and now my work room. Under the popcorn ceiling that was installed at one point by someone who I can only guess was insane, was a big surprise.
Our house was one of the many that were built during WWII to accommodate the many many families that relocated to our area to build ships during the war. It was a time of "waste not, want not" even when insulating houses it seemed. So when we got the ceiling down we discovered that our house is insulated with old newspaper forms from WWII.
I couldn't just throw them out! They were wonderful. So I have saved them. One ended up framed on my Mother's dinning room wall. But the rest just sat in my laundry room, and in time began to blend in with the wall. Then the other day my friend noticed them and asked what I was going to do with them.....and it began.
We tried to print onto fabric with a few methods involving fabric paint with no luck. Then we tried a sort of fabric crayon rubbing and this was the result.
There is still experimenting to be done on this project, but Im pretty excited about what I got so far. I know these will be sewn into something soon because I like them so much. Probably a simple market bag. I love these articles, and adds. I can't wait to experiment more with this.